Need Help? Chat with us


Q&A- 4


  1. I have had stammering from my childhood. I stammer only when I am tense, not otherwise. I speak like a normal person, otherwise. My stammering is destroying my life. Please help.
  2. A. Stammering is a speech disorder; it affects fluency of speech with hesitation, repetition of words and involuntary pauses. It is considered to be psychosomatic [where the mind affects the body] in origin. Your stammering is also, in effect, an indication of anxiety [mind] affecting your speech [body]. Homeopathy is most effective in correcting such mind-body discord. Homeopathic remedies can support, set right and correlate one’s mind and vocal apparatus to reduce the pause or stammer. One homeopathic remedy that would be useful for your condition is Gelsemium Sempervirens 30C, 4-5 pills, twice daily. If symptoms persist, please consult a professional homeopath in your area.


  1. I have been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease. Please advice.
  2. A. Crohn’s disease causes ulcerations of the small and large intestines, but it can also affect the digestive system anywhere — from the mouth to the anus. It is associated with factors like heredity, environment and immune system. Symptoms include abdominal pain, diarrhoea, weight loss and rectal bleeding. Homeopathy can not only control the symptoms and minimise complications of the disease, but also reduce your dependency on conventional medications. Personal medical consultation and evaluation of your case history is necessary to be able to prescribe appropriate homeopathic treatment. Surgery may be obligatory when there is a suspected, or latent, bowel obstruction, or perforation, or cancer of the bowel, or intestinal haemorrhage.


  1. I’m aged sixty-two. I’m troubled by my constant, involuntary movements. My left shoulder and my legs twitch too. The twitches get repetitive and jerky. As you’d guess, I can’t sit still, when this happens. Please prescribe me a suitable homeopathic remedy — to resolve my problem.
  2. It’s possible you are showing signs of what may be labelled as hyperkinetic movement syndrome characterised by excess involuntary movement. This may also be due to Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, certain metabolic disorders, including electrolyte imbalance, or thyroid problems. I’d suggest that you get your symptoms evaluated by a neurologist. As far as homeopathic treatment is concerned, you may try Agaricus Muscarius 200C, 4-5 pills, twice daily.


  1. I have been diagnosed with gout. I have some swelling in the affected great toe with burning pain. Can homeopathy help?
  2. Homeopathy can help reduce the intensity of joint inflammation. You should drink lots of water, eight or more glasses a day, which will help the body to excrete excess uric acid, the primary trigger. Maintain a proper weight. Exercise regularly. Avoid foods with high levels of purines, such as shellfish, alcohol, organ meat, creamy sauces and dried peas. Take foods that are known to decrease the occurrence of gout, such as lemon and cranberry juice and blueberries. A detailed case study would be required to prescribe the precise homeopathic remedy, but you may in the meanwhile, try Urtica Urens 30C, 4-5 pills, twice daily.


  1. I am aged 49. I have not had periods for 5-6 months. I am experiencing hot flushes. I also have depressive spells, or mood swings. I am now on conventional medications, prescribed by a local physician, but I am not getting any better. Please suggest a homeopathic remedy.
  2. You are showing symptoms of menopause, or cessation of periods, a normal physiological process [after age 45]. You may try the homeopathic remedy, Sepia Officinalis 200C, 4-5 pills, twice daily, to ease your troubling symptoms. All the same, please follow-up with your gynaecologist on a regular basis.


By Dr Mukesh Batra, Padma Shri Recipient